Style: All who have it share one thing. Originality.

Monday, August 1, 2016

A Few Favorites: Books

Hello everyone! 
Reading is one of my favorites. It whisks you away to unbelievable places and introduces you to spectacular characters! It allows you to travel to places such as make-believe Narnia or magical England within seconds. I'm here to share some of my favorite books with you. I'm sure you heard of (if not read) most of these. I'm not going to write summaries (my hope is that you Google them after reading this post), just my thoughts. Also, they are listed in no particular order. Enjoy!

1. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

I met someone once who didn't like these stories and I was shocked! Who couldn't love these? They're simply amazing. Yes, children love them, but the wonderful thing about them is that no matter how old you are, they will always be entertaining and enjoyable! C.S. Lewis was absolutely amazing with all of his works. He put so much thought in these stories and hid so much truth in these fictional stories.


2. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

I know what you're thinking. "What? Why is this one of your favorites? It's a horrible, gut-wrenching book of tears!" I agree. It's plot gives you a nauseating feeling. Now I'll try not to spoil anything, but you will feel completely sick, upset, and saddened after finishing this book, but that's the point. This book provides us with a deeper understanding of the horrors of World War II and the Holocaust. Often we say that we know how bad the Holocaust was, but this story will enhance your understanding of it.


3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

The story being told through the eyes of a six-year-old girl provides a different outlook. Her youthful innocence is not frilly, or fake, she speaks exactly what's on her mind and we can benefit from that. This story is truly a work of art and it most probably ranks number one in my favorites (this blog post is not written in any kind of order). There's not much more I can say about it rather than GO READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T!

4. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors (the other being Edgar Allan Poe). In this story, he sheds light on the problem with our society doing away with individual thoughts and controlling everyone with mass media. It shows the problems that arise when people start to drift away from their own original thoughts and ideas, and start to follow the crowd.

5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

This is such a classic. I believe that everyone should read this book in their lifetime. It's such a good reference to the Roaring Twenties! It's full of drama, which is always a good thing to have in a book (keeps you entertained the whole way through). The characters are complex and so different from each other. Isn't it annoying when you read a book and it seems like all of the characters are the same: flat and boring. I can't encourage the reading of this book enough! It's definitely a favorite.

There you have it! A small selection of my favorite books. If you take the time to read these, then you won't be disappointed! Let me know what you think of them and feel free to suggest your favorite books in the comments!

~ Kat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment