Style: All who have it share one thing. Originality.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Room Decor Ideas


Picture this. You're sitting in your room, staring at your blank ceiling, maybe listening to some tunes (Yes, I'm aware that when I say "tunes" I sound old. Deal with it). You glance around your room and are disappointed with how boring it looks. Well this is where I come in! Not literally because that would be kinda weird if I just like walked into your room........
FOCUS KAT!!!  Anyways, sorry guys. You might have realized by now that I get distracted pretty easily. I'm here to tell you that I can help you turn that bleak, blank space (hehe Taylor Swift reference) into a wicked awesome room that displays your personality and interests! First thing's first.... I'M THE REALIST!!!! Haha I should probably stop with the music references...

For real this time, first things first...

Ok sorry just ONE more side note. I've never really understood the whole "first thing's first" phrase. Like obviously the first thing is first. If it wasn't first then it wouldn't be first. Get me?  
Ok now I'm ready to talk seriously. Here are some cute ideas to decorate your room:



I love this one soooo much! All you need are some pictures and a quote that you can just print off from the computer! Just pin or tape them up and voila!




For this you just need some Christmas lights (who says you can only use them at Christmas time?) and some thin curtains that you could probably find pretty cheap at a thrift store.


Gotta love travel themed rooms :)
You can probably find map wall decals (like the one in the picture) at loads of stores, but I kinda like the idea of putting an old map on my wall instead of a fresh, smooth sticker. What do you guys think?


I'm absolutely in love with the idea of putting records on walls! They look so cool! I go to thrift stores fairly often and I've seen old records MANY times, so I think I might try this one :)



And lastly, the chalkboard wall. Sometimes there is nothing more satisfying than sketching on a chalkboard. All you need is chalkboard paint, which can be found at hardware stores such as Home Depot and Lowe's, and chalk!

I hope you have enjoyed these ideas and that I inspired you to change up your bedroom decor.

~ Kat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment